Applications. Fee waivers. Test scores. Transcripts. FAFSA/TASFA. It’s crunch time for our CCC seniors!
Federal and state financial aid applications (FAFSA/TASFA) opens October 1st, which means our students have more to accomplish during their fall semester – college, financial aid and scholarship applications. Thankfully, the CollegeCommunityCareer staff is up for the challenge and helps our students complete the numerous steps of the college application process.
Since CCC was founded in 2012, we have grown from twenty-two students to serving over 360 high school and 390 college students. We appreciate your generosity and would be incredibly grateful to accept your donations for the coming year – for the success of our program and of our students.
How Can You Support Our Students?
1. You can give by check and send your donation to our office at:
11104 W. Airport #106, Stafford, TX 77477
2. You can give with a credit card through PayPal here.
3. When you are buying gifts this holiday season, be sure to use AmazonSmile and designate CollegeCommunityCareer as your charity of choice. This is totally free, and AmazonSmile works the exact same as your normal Amazon/Amazon Prime account. Amazon will then donate a small percentage of the sale to CCC. Click here to visit AmazonSmile.
Here’s a look at what we accomplished in 2016 – 2017:
- CCC held six parent meetings, keeping families informed about financial aid and the application process.
- We caught up with our current college students with visits to eight university campuses.
- The Houston Club featured CCC as one of the nonprofits they supported this year through their annual Charity Classic event.
- We helped over 250 students and families by volunteering at community financial aid workshops across Houston hosted by organizations like Yes Prep and Univision.
- This month, CCC students participated in three civic engagement projects. Students served at the Multicultural Education and Counseling through the Arts (MECA) Dia de los Muertos festival, learned about urban farming at an Urban Harvest community garden, and created holiday-inspired placemats for a local nursing home/senior center.
- We took students to the Charming Charlie corporate headquarters to learn more about careers in marketing, sales, and design.
- Jessica from Davis was selected to be a Posse finalist.
- Chris from Northbrook received a nomination from Congressman Ted Poe for the Air Force Academy.
Our program is expanding! Recruitment season is wrapping up, and we are currently selecting the next class of CCC sophomores at our partner schools. In January, we’ll begin class at TWO new schools: Spring High School in Spring ISD and B.F. Terry High School in Lamar Consolidated ISD.